With an affordable annual membership fee of $55, come join the Cake Decorators Association of WA. With regular meetings held at several metropolitan and country locations, there is probably a Branch near you, where you can attend demonstrations and workshops, plus develop your skills, make new friends, gain new ideas and receive feedback & encouragement.
Our members range from 13 years of age upwards.
Join one of our Branches…
When you join a Branch, you are entitled to visit any of the other Branches to see their demonstrations or participate in their workshops or other events and you are also entitled to join the “members only” Facebook page. Most Branches meet monthly although this varies from club to club, especially in the country areas. Meetings are followed either by demonstrations or hands-on workshops, which cater for all decorators from beginners to the more advanced.
What’s in it for you?
- Develop your cake decorating skills and try new techniques.
- Connect with others who dream cakes too!
- Be inspired by other members and gather tips and tricks from them.
- Swap ideas.
- Make new friends.
- Get feedback and encouragement from other members.
- Receive advice on how to fix mistakes.
- Maybe, be inspired to turn your hobby into a business venture.
- We also publish an in-house magazine “Icing News” which is emailed to members four times per year. This magazine contains not only news of “what’s on and where”, but also articles, pictures, recipes, and even instructional notes for those wishing to enhance their skills or just practice more.
Your annual membership fee gives you:
- Workshops. (Workshops may attract an additional fee to cover the cost of special materials.)
- The ability to attend any Branch… Like what another branch is doing? You are welcome to contact that Branch and arrange to attend their demonstrations or workshops.
- Receive Four electronic issues of our “Icing News” magazine – packed full of ideas, recipes and tutorials.
- Affiliation with the Australian National Cake Decorators’ Association.
- Access to State and National Seminars are held for members.
- A reason to make your “dream cake”. How about entering it in a State or National competition?
- If you own a cake decorating business with a turnover of under $20,000, for an extra fee of $50 p/a, we offer small business Public and Product Insurance.- for more information before you make a decision please contact your local branch for a copy of the PDS to see if the policy is right for you.
- As a member, you will also be part of a wider national body with access to meetings, workshops, newsletters and competitions as well as State and National seminars, featuring local and international guest demonstrators. All this for a very affordable annual membership fee!
Busy on a Saturday?
Our Mandurah Branch meet monthly on a Wednesday morning. The Branch is very easy to get to. Take the train and then either walk a few minutes or catch one of the many buses to be dropped right at the door of their regular meeting place.